Industrial settings present some of the most challenging cleaning jobs. This may be due to issues with access, the type of processes and materials involved, and the waste that must be cleaned and removed. Many industrial facilities operate around-the-clock so there is very little to no downtime to do the cleaning job. Likewise, a lot of equipment are sensitive to dirt, so quick and accurate cleaning is important.
Companies that offer industrial cleaning services deal with cleaning hazardous areas in manufacturing plants, warehouses, factories, and other types of industrial facilities. Because of the variety of these facilities, industrial cleaning companies offer a wide array of services.
Industrial cleaning companies provide services to different types of industrial and manufacturing facilities. These include:
- Building supplier manufacturing plants
- Plastic molding facilities
- Automobile manufacturing plants
- Oil manufacturing plants
- Pipe manufacturing plants
- Chemical, metal, and fertilizer plants
- Nuclear plants
- Distribution facilities
- Machine shops
- Different types of factories
The services that cleaning companies provide include:
- Coating, paint, and fly ash removal
- Cleaning of building structure and process equipment
- Cleaning of tubes, pits, silos, tanks, conveyors, process water pipes, and process sewers
- Cleaning of air conditioning systems, exhaust systems, and cooling and heating systems
- Day-to-day maintenance cleaning
- Degreasing of machinery
- Exterior wall blasting or washing
- Removal of sludge and contaminated soil
- Transportation, analysis, disposal, and containment of industrial waste
Industrial plants often deal with hazardous chemicals and substances. In this type of setting, there is a high risk of chemical spills and other emergencies. As such, many companies that provide cleaning services also offer emergency industrial services. These include:
- Mercury and other hazardous chemical spill cleaning
- Asbestos remediation
- Specialist disinfection
- Confined-space rescue
- Biohazard cleaning
Office cleaning services
Maintenance and cleaning of offices located in industrial sites are quite demanding as well. People coming from the outside areas constantly track in dirt to these offices. Such places require deeper cleaning compared to regular offices. These cleaning services include:
- Carpet cleaning
- Cleaning of office equipment
- Floor sweeping, mopping, drying, refinishing, and polishing
- High level dusting
- Hard floor cleaning and maintenance
- Removal of rubbish and sanitation of recycling bins
- Window cleaning
- Deep cleaning of washrooms and toilets
Industrial cleaning methods
Cleaning companies use several different methods and equipment in performing the job they are contracted to do. Some of these methods are:
- Hydro blasting – This method uses high pressure water to remove paint, polymer, mold, grime, dust and other dirt. It removes almost any type of coating, does not use messy solvents, and is economical.
- Chemical cleaning – This method uses different types of chemicals to breakdown, alter, or dissolve deposits and sludge. Compared to mechanical methods, it reduces cleaning time and produces higher levels of cleanliness.
- Cryogenic cleaning – This is a relatively new cleaning method and not a lot of companies do it yet. It uses pellets of dry ice. Dirt drops down dry, eliminating the problem of capturing and disposing of the liquid which is often not environment-friendly.
The Importance of Industrial Cleaning to a Business
Industrial cleaning is an essential part of the industrial design and supply process. Every industrial business should utilize a system of industrial cleaning to remove dirt, grease, rust, and other harmful particles from the many types of equipment they use before those are put into service.
Industrial equipment must be thoroughly free from hazardous particles. Otherwise, they may not operate as intended, making an entire operation unproductive. Any business should not lose money because a small part of the operation is left unclean. A system of cleaning will help ensure that the business is running smoothly.
Machines and equipment that don’t work as expected not only disrupts productivity. They may also pose some danger to workers who operate or go near them. Chemical or other harmful substance spills could also endanger more people if they are not addressed by skilled industrial cleaners.
A clean work environment also helps increase the efficiency and productivity of a business. Unhealthy working conditions may lead to personnel getting sick and foster the transfer of airborne-related illnesses. Sick employees mean that a business can’t operate at full capacity. By preventing this, a business can increase and improve the quality of work as well as its profits.
Employing industrial cleaning is crucial for the safety of workers and reduces risks of accidents. Professional cleaners ensure that cleanliness and hygiene are maintained in an industrial environment.
In addition, factories, plants, and other industrial companies need to comply to a high standard of health and safety laws. Industrial cleaning keeps such businesses compliant with these regulations. It helps avoid invalidation of insurance and imposed closure due to breeches of health and safety regulations.
What to Expect from Industrial Cleaning Companies?
Industrial cleaning is an expert service. It has to be performed by professional cleaners. As such, companies outsourced to do daily cleaning tasks in industrial areas act in accordance with the Singapore cleaning industry standard guidelines.
Good industrial cleaners are knowledgeable in operating tools and machinery in a safe manner and using and disposing hazardous cleaning chemicals. They also know how to keep themselves safe at work and protect their co-workers.
Cleaning companies provide one-off, periodic, or emergency deep cleaning. For periodic cleanings, they usually offer a one-time preliminary deep cleaning service to show potential regular clients the level of cleanliness that they will maintain. The company and the client will then agree on a regular schedule. Cleaning companies ensure that in doing their work, they don’t interrupt the flow of the business or keep the interruption to an absolute minimum.
Reliable industrial cleaning companies understand that using the right kinds of cleaning products is important. This is to avoid causing any damage to materials and surfaces, and harming people who use the equipment. They know that they must be updated on the latest innovations when it comes to industrial cleaning. They constantly revise their services to offer the most reliable and safest service that they can.